One of SCCGS’s purposes is to preserve records of genealogical significance.
Quarterly and Newsletter
- Members receive both publications; current issues are posted on the member website.
- Our award-winning Quarterly journal averages 60 pages per issue. Its name index refers to more than 250,000 instances of our forebears footprint in our county. Read about our Quarterly.
- Our 8-page Newsletter publishes member queries and the progress of projects undertaken by SCCGS.
Books are timeless in genealogy
- Our books for purchase, some digital.
- Church records are our specialty; many are translated from German. A few of these resources are also on this site.
- Cemeteries grouped by townships preserve tombstone readings for entire families scattered among them.
- The St. Clair County Research and Resources Guide has opened doors for many genealogists.
- Please support our efforts with your donation, or membership, or book purchase.
Website and social media
This, our public website, was “born” in 1997, the member website in 2012. A few of our collections are featured on these sites. Our Facebook announces new media and events since its creation in 2014.
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.